About Descanso Gardens
Founded as a public garden in 1953, Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive, La Cañada Flintridge, CA 91011. Descanso Gardens will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. all summer, until September 3. Admission is $15 for adults; $11 for seniors and students with a school I.D.; $5 for children 5 to 12, and free for children under 5.
Descanso Gardens is a member-supported garden accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. Join Descanso Gardens and enjoy free admission and early entry year-round. Information: (818) 949-4200 or descansogardens.org.
What is Descanso Gardens doing for your safety?
To ensure the safety of all visitors, Descanso Gardens has put a variety of social distancing rules in place including:
1. limiting the number of tickets they are selling to 30% of capacity
2. selling timed tickets to limit the number of people at the entry at any given time
3. reconfiguring the entry to make social distancing easier
4. closing all indoor spaces including the Sturt Haaga Gallery and Boddy House
5. adding hand sanitizing stations in the courtyard
6. closing drinking fountains
7. cleaning restrooms every half hour
8. there will be no programs, music or walks during this time…we will bring programming back as soon as it is safe
9. seating has been removed in the courtyard to give space for social distancing
10. the Enchanted Railroad will be closed for now
11. wheelchair rental will not be available
Members have special access to the Gardens early, from 8am-9am and they do not need tickets to visit during the day. All other visitors need advance tickets. Tickets go on sale Tuesdays at 10am. Tickets can be purchased at descansogardens.org or by calling the Visitor Center at 818-949-4200. If guests come to the Garden without a ticket, they will not be able to enter.
Masks and social distancing between guests will be required. Descanso is asking visitors to take the same precautions at the Gardens that they do when they go out in public. The county guidelines say that safe distancing is 6 feet apart, which, in garden terms, is about 12 goslings or 4 rose bushes.
Descanso’s restaurant, The Kitchen at Descanso (formerly Maple), will be open for limited hours. You can purchase drinks, which can be taken into the garden, or food, which must be eaten in the picnic area or taken home. Because the drinking fountains will not be operational, guests are advised to bring their own water or purchase drinks at the Kitchen.
Check out the latest updates on Descanso Gardens' ‘Coronavirus update' page.
Do you have any questions for Descanso Gardens?